Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Portable (僕は友達が少ない ぽーたぶる) is a PSP game I developed while working at Guyzware. I was the main and basically only programmer
Link to official website: http://haganai-game.channel.or.jp/
2 of the ending credits with my name as the main programmer.
Direct time links to my name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5pI4RL4AZM#t=0m44s
One of the commercials
Tutorial in english:
The special edition included a simpler game called “kirameki school life SP”
developed in parallel, sharing some of the code with the main game, but with a much smaller scope.
Link to official website: http://haganai-game.channel.or.jp/kirasc/
This game makes use of the live2D code from the main game (developed by me)
Parts of the game that I programmed, completely or partially starting from previous code.
– Optimizing Live2D for the PSP
– Meeting Sony guidelines for publishing
– Loading on demand of textures and models for Live2D characters while skipping parts of the game
– Convincing artists that a 480 x 272 pixel screen won’t display 1024 x 1024 textures any better
– Convincing artists that the whole body is not required for a model that is only going to show her face in an 80 x 80 square.
– Finding bugs and correcting the scripts
– Many commands for the scripts (Moving backgrounds!)
– Optimizing characters fading was specially complicated due to PSP limitations
– Map system
– Tool to analyze script and create font bitmaps with only the characters used in the game. Reducing the amount of files required by fonts by 80%
– Not code, but also important: Making an image, uploading it and documenting bug fixes every morning after working all night for the last 2 months of the development.
Both games can be shown at an interview if required.